- This event has passed.
Annual Convening: Coordinating Systems to Improve Support for Homeless New Yorkers Experiencing Mental Health Crises
December 7, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
New Yorkers experiencing homelessness have higher rates of serious mental illness than their housed counterparts and during times of crisis, often interact with multiple systems, including police, homeless services providers, mental health treatment teams, and hospitals. In this panel, we will hear from professionals working with this population––on the street, in shelter, in hospitals, and in the community––and explore how we can improve coordination across systems in order to provide better care, in times of crisis and ongoing.
- Mitchell Katz, MD, President and CEO – NYC Health + Hospitals
- Tony Carino, MD, Director of Psychiatry – Janian Medical Care
- Tamara Gayle, LMSW, Program Director – BronxWorks
- Evelyn Graham-Nyaasi, Advocacy Specialist – Community Access
- Moderator: Ashwin Vasan, MD, PhD, President and Chief Executive Officer – Fountain House