- This event has passed.
Annual Convening: Keynote Address + #CLOSErikers, Then What? Ensuring Appropriate Health Care and Housing for Individuals Leaving Incarceration
December 8, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
As pressure to close the jails on Rikers Island continues due to ongoing safety concerns, now is the time to plan for the future to ensure people leaving incarceration, and those with criminal justice histories, have appropriate support and access to health care and housing in their communities. Our expert panelists work with justice-involved populations in various settings and capacities and will speak to the unique challenges their clients face, make recommendations for what we could be doing better, and share how they are advocating to end stigma and barriers.
- Anna DeLeon, Associate Vice President of Housing – Fortune Society
- Christina Green, Director, NYC Health Justice Network – NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Jerome Green, Community Health Worker, PORT (Point of Reentry and Transition) Practice – Kings County Hospital
- Yolanda Johnson-Peterkin, Chief of Housing Community Activities – New York City Housing Authority
- Moderator: Darren Mack, Advocate and Activist – Urban Justice Center