- This event has passed.
Annual Convening: Opening Remarks and Essential Yet Undervalued – Addressing the Workforce Crisis Facing the Health and Human Services Sectors
December 7, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
The health and human services workforce has been under unprecedented strain throughout the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, but the challenges facing these sectors and their staff did not begin 18 months ago. For decades, funding for this work has been stagnant, resulting in wages that do match the cost of living. Low wages for high-stress work and rapid burnout has created a crisis that cannot be ignored. Hear from advocates and service providers on the scope of the crisis, how it is impacting staff and the quality of services, ideas for adapting to the changing landscape, and how you can help advocate for respect and appropriate compensation for this essential work.
- Sebrina Barrett, JD, Executive Director – Association for Community Living (ACL)
- Marvin Cooper, Program Director – Geel Community Services
- Claire Green-Forde, DSW, LCSW, Executive Director – National Association of Social Workers-NYC
- Michelle Jackson, JD, Executive Director – Human Services Council
- Rev. Cassandra Perry, M.Div, MBA, Executive Director – 163rd Street Improvement Council
- Moderator: Bonnie Mohan, Executive Director – The Health & Housing Consortium