- This event has passed.
May 7, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Led by Anne Callagy, Director of Government Benefits at The Legal Aid Society Civil Practice, this training will provide an overview of the SSI/SSD application and appeals, process including:
- COVID 19 updates regarding SSA processes
- The differences between SSI and SSD
- The definitions of disability for adults and children
- How to apply for SSI and SSD
- How to appeal an application denial and the time limits for doing so
- Gathering evidence to prove disability
- Special problems including drug and alcohol addiction, and earnings records discrepancies
- What to do if SSA alleges that a client has been overpaid benefits
Trainings are available to members only. To learn more about membership, visit our membership page.